AA12345678910Home

Summary 2

I knew spam was a big problem, but I had no idea that it made up 90% of all emails messages! I also had no idea about the CAN-SPAM act or that the government cared at all about these kinds of things. I get spam all the time. Fortunately, I also don't use email very often, but it's still irritating.
I feel that a lot of the content in this chapter isn't really relevent to me now, but will be in the future. From what I pick up, email is very important in the white collar working world. You can set up dates, collaborate, send documents etc... There are a lot of features of email software that I wasn't previously aware of, like Google Contacts, which I've definitely never heard of but sounds useful in a business setting. I also think I could benefit from following some of the "Business Correspondence" guidelines in the chapter, since I'm very bad at writing emails, and honestly writing in general. (but I'm sure you couldn't tell from the immaculate grammar and flow of my summaries) Specifically, commas are my arch nemesis. If commas don't get replaced with a better ruleset in a few years then I'm going to switch to Bulgarian. Another point I realize I suffer in is tense agreement, which is another point outlined in the Business Correspondence section. This chapter has reminded me that if I want to function in a modern working environment then I'm going to have to learn how to write eventually.
<  >