AA12345678910Home

Summary 6

Phishing emails From my experience, phishing emails used to be a lot easier to spot because they were littered with spelling errors and poor grammar. Now in recent times it seems like many scammers have improved their craft with eloquent writing and fancy spoofing techniques. I had no idea that you could disguise a whole URL by tacking an @ symbol at the end of it and placing the real url afterwards. DoS attacks When I was younger, I used to play on a relatively small Minecraft server. One day, the owner had some kind of falling out with the co-owner, and the co-owner left the server for good. Maybe a week or so later, the server began to run extremely slowly and eventually crashed. It remained down for about an hour. When it came back up, the owner informed the server that the co-owner had launched a denial-of-service attack on the server completely out of spite. Obviously, performing a cyber-attack on a small Minecraft server for no reason other than to get petty revenge is kind of delusional, but I don't think many of the individuals on that server were very stable people in the first place.
<  >